Benefits of membership
Anyone with an interest in marine history is welcome to join the Wisconsin
Marine Historical Society.
Membership in the Society gives you opportunities to learn about Wisconsin’s and the Great Lakes’ marine history and socialize with history buffs, as well as do marine history research using the organization’s vast collection of historical records and photographs. You also have the opportunity to turn your research into articles for publication in the Societyʼs newsletter, Soundings.
As a member, you receive:
– A subscription to Soundings, the member-edited, quarterly publication on marine history.
– Invitations to events, programs and dinners, including a holiday program recalling the historic “Christmas Tree” ship and the annual meeting and Founders' auction held at one of Milwaukee’s yacht clubs.
– An invitation to join members and their guests on a boat cruise on Lake Michigan, Milwaukeeʼs Harbor, or other Wisconsin waterways.
– Invitations to hear and meet engaging speakers on marine history, shipwrecks, diving, lighthouses, all manner of vessels and marine works. These are occasions to meet members and guests with business, commercial, military and government interests in marine affairs.
– Opportunities to do original research using source material in the Society’s extensive written and photographic collection of Great Lakes vessels.
– Opportunities to submit researched articles for publication in Soundings.
– An invitation to the Societyʼs annual luncheon, usually at the Port of Milwaukee offices, for member volunteers and their guests who record and preserve research material or perform other services to the Society.
– A twenty-five percent discount on research services for your personal interests, performed by a Librarian trained in searching marine archives.
– Opportunities to be an officer of the Society and a member of its Board of Trustees, as well as to become a member of a committee that fits your talents and interests.
|Single Year||Two Years|
|Sailor & Crew (family)||$60||$100|
Join and Support the Wisconsin Marine Historical Society
Use PayPal to Join, Renew Membership, Make a Contribution or Give a Gift of Membership
Use Mail-in Form with Credit Card or Check to Join, Renew a Membership, Make a Contribution or Make a Gift of Membership
For questions, please contact: Carl Eisenberg, MD, WMHS President, and Suzette Lopez, WMHS Executive Director